Archive for February, 2012
Not an effective use of a blog, I know. What can I say? Life is busy and last year, well, it kinda sucked. So why bring everyone down?
Things are looking up now and I miss my blog. I miss writing for fun. I write for work, which can definitely be fun, but it’s not the same. I want to write about things I like. Unicorns. My dog. My evil cat. My awesome couch. Searching for vintage furniture and the escapades that go with it. I have lots of updates to share and stories to tell, so stay tuned.
Want a quick life recap? Well, you’re getting one anyway.
- I recovered from my plantar fasciitis flair-up, started training again for my first real outdoor tri. Over Labor Day weekend, on a 102-degree day, I completed my first Olympic-distance triathlon. It wasn’t pretty, it wasn’t fast, but it…was. And that is something to be proud of. I’ll post about it in more detail soon.
- After the tri, I never quite recovered the way I’d hoped. My knee was acting up, so instead of registering for a half marathon, I started PT. Bummer. It helped, but I got depressed about losing my fitness and gaining weight, and kind of went off the grid for a while. Suffice it to say, all the hard work I did losing weight has been lost and I’m back at square one. Such is life.
- Lots of big shifts at work made me feel like a crazy person on top of a lot of personal stuff that was going on, so going off the grid was my way of dealing. I started seeing a therapist, which helped, until insurance changes forced me to stop seeing her. That shiz is expensive! So now I’m dealing with things my way, which luckily includes getting back to the gym.
- I have pink hair.
- I still like unicorns. A lot.
- I made an impulse purchase at an antique shop and now have a 1958 white and fuchsia couch in my still-green living room. Once I pick my shade of grey, we will paint the living room and I will show you pictures.
- This single impulse purchase turned into a quest for the perfect mid-century modern hutch, which then made me want a metal kitchen cabinet, etc. I’ll tell you about those adventures and hopefully share the restoration process as we refinish the cabinet we finally found last month.
- We painted the kitchen teal. And it’s awesome.
- Teddy is cuter than ever.
- The cat’s still an ass.
- I still miss my grandma every single day. Sometimes the sadness is unbearable, but I’m coping much better.
- I still hate cleaning.
- I bake things. I just posted some photos on my baking blog. Check ‘em out.
That’s about all for now. More to come, hopefully sooner than later.
Oh, yeah, can’t forget this.